The person in Marketing Consultant role will support our partners in their day to day activities. This means that the person in this role will interact directly with clients. This is not about sitting in a back-office somewhere.
Specifically, the main activities of the Marketing Consultant will be to (among others)
- Marketing research
- Supervise market research activities
- Analyze market research outputs (knowledge of SPSS and a good math/stats background is important)
- Create market research reports
- Run RedSky’s social media accounts (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Prepare / create documents for client meetings
- Maintain RedSky’s sales pipeline in Salesforce and prepare weekly reports to track new business prospects
- Help with the logistics in setting up meetings / training
- Perform analyses relating to topics such as:
- Competitive activity (for clients)
- Situation analyses
- Communication activities
- New thinking/ trends in marketing
Some travel will be required. Our partners spend about 50-75% of their time on the road so the candidate must be able to work by him/herself without constant supervision. Working from home is perfectly fine.
The ideal person for this role will be able to fit into our culture and will have a curious and agile mind…ideally someone who is comfortable with left and right brain thinking – i.e. able to think creatively and analytically at the same time. This is an ideal position for someone in market research who wants to broaden their views and horizons.
The candidate should have the following skills:
- Passion for working with clients to understand key business challenges and using data to help identify opportunities to grow incremental value
- Ability to take unstructured data sets and identify valuable insights and recommendations for clients
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working in a fast pace, innovative culture
- Enjoys challenges and problem-solving, excited to learn new industries and become an expert
- Initiative to build processes and drive best practices for new products
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – be comfortable presenting to clients
The candidate should have the following:
- An undergraduate degree (ideally a Bachelors in Statistics, Marketing, Economics or related field)
- Ideally 2-5 years’ work experience in a marketing or marketing research related field
- Marketing research: being able to analyze research and have good knowledge of basic statistical techniques is important. Ability to use analytical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS) is a must
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word (good writing skills are a must)
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with social media especially LinkedIn, twitter, etc.
Note: This is not a 9-5 job and some after-hours and weekend work will be required. However, we have a generous leave/vacation package. We are based in one of the coolest areas in Manhattan in offices that have been featured in a design magazine.